Monday 29 April 2013

What Is Through The Shop Window

Through The Shop Window is a Blog started by myself Georgia-May I am currently a third year student studying Fashion and Photography at Southampton Solent University.

My final major project  is a DIY Project where I could build a brief to fit around what I wanted to do once I graduated. Ever since I started University styling has always been one of my favourite areas of the fashion industry. Over the past three years Visual Merchandising has become the main area of my focus. Coming up with ideas and concepts to catch peoples eye and draw them into the shop and then keep them interested while they are in the shop. Visual merchandising is not just about the styling of the clothes but also how  to fill a shop window with an interesting display that incorporates garments from the shop and tells a story at first glance. Apart from the front window display for the shop there is also the styling throughout the shop that needs to be considered the styling needs to help the customer find an outfit instead of just odd garments.

This blog will document any visual merchandising work that I do  as well as  ideas and concepts I have. Also along with visual merchandising it will include any promotional work I have done and photo shoots I have been a part of.

Happy reading.
Georgia-May
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment