Saturday 4 May 2013

Abstract Flowers

Since both real flowers and artificial flowers were out of the action plan of my window  I began to looking through tumblr at how different people created flowers out of different things here are some of the interesting finding.
[http://theteapotmonster.tumblr.com/post/48939076812]

This is the most creative way i have found of making abstract flowers and also the most Eco friendly.
 Who would of thought you could make something so pretty out of your food waste? Not only do these flowers look beautiful fresh and when they dry out but they would also smell amazing too!
 To make a big enough impact for a whole window display however I would have to make hundreds and that is a lot of oranges to eat !
[http://therainsparkles.tumblr.com/post/49127191600/gorgeous-paper-flowers]

Paper origami flowers is an option that i could use for my window display these are so delicate and pretty  and can be decorated with gems  or buttons. They could be made in a wide range of colours and different sizes there is also different variations on the flowers  you can make. 
The only problem i can see about using these as part of my window is that they would be  time consuming to make and then would be difficult to transport to the shop with being damaged.


[http://prettyfasterstronger.tumblr.com/post/48963725439]

This is another beautiful idea of how to make flowers out of waste. 
This flower globe is made out of pages of an old book or you could use news paper.
I personally like the idea of  the flowers being in a globe shape as it makes them visible from both the outside and inside of the shop.
These would be perfect for my window display apart from the fact they are black and white, as my window is spring themed i had imagined using more colours.

[http://keepcalm-n-eatchocolate.tumblr.com/post/36026643471]

Shortly after finding the paper book globes I found these! flower tissue paper poms. 
They are perfect for my window display I could make them in whatever colours I wanted.
Now all I had to do was figure out how to make them. 
Wish me luck! 



No comments:

Post a Comment