Saturday 4 May 2013

Lettering Idea for Window.

While thinking about window idea's for my next window installation I came across the idea of making some kind of display using the word Hepwright's. This stemmed from a conversation that myself and Catherine had about using vinyls on the front of the window as the lettering on the shops header was quite high while walking along the street.
Vinyl lettering on glass is a great way to make a shops name more visible for passers by however it can also make it more difficult to build window displays around. This is where my idea came from would I be able to create a window display out of letters inside the window.
Here are some windows I found that used letters as part of them.


 
The idea of using giant foil inflatable balloons  is a great way of using lettering in a window display. If I used balloons as part of my window display I would attach them to interesting things as weights such as shoes or hat boxes


.


 
This is a window display from Christian Louboutin. This is a very elaborate window display and would not be possible to recreate for Hepwright's the idea of using lights around lettering such as fairy lights could be interesting. 

 
This window using a combination of both vinyl and lettering made from boxes. The concept is a great one of using both two dimensional and three dimensional letters to give the window more depth  and texture to it. 



 
 This window display uses letters as more of a curtain of falling letters like rain. This is great visual impact however it is almost impossible to tell what it is meant to say.


 
I used this image in one of my spring window idea blogs as well. The idea of making letters out of fabrics is a good one however it may look to arts and crafts for Hepwrights and that's a theme  we wanted to stay away from.

 
Whistles windows is made of big three dimensional letters made from what looks like  thick card or cardboard painted.  This idea could be used to create letters for Hepwrights my only concern is that the window may not be large enough to have letters big enough to have an impact because Hepwright's is quite a long word.


I showed Catherine my idea and we decided that the foil balloons would definitely would be a great idea for a window display but it would lend itself more to the winter and Christmas season instead of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment