Saturday 4 May 2013

Spring Window.

And so it begins.....

Mysecond window display was installed in Hepwrights today and it went a lot easier than the first window for valentine's day. This may of been for a few reasons maybe because I had already installed a window and because this installation would be some what simpler in the fact it had no painting on the window.
 
To hang the  flower poms in the window I used very fine fishing wire so it looked practically invisible from the outside on the window. I made the decision that I would either use something really bold to hang the poms with so that it was part of the display or use thin fishing wire so that they would appear to be floating. As I couldn't find anything that fitted the theme to hang them with fishing wire it was.
Hepwright's window has two parallel metal poles across the ceiling to hang things from which are perfect to tie the fishing wire around to hang the poms off.


 
Positioning the poms was  important so as to spread the colours and sizes out so that it looked random but there was not to many of the same colour together or of the same size hung at the same height.
The only real issue I had while hanging the pom poms was my height as the rails hang off the ceiling so I had to stretch up on my tip toes so it was difficult to tie the fishing wire. As soon as all the poms were tied to the rails it was easy to slide them from side to side to space them how I wanted.

The next step was the dress that was going to be the single central garment in the this display.
The dress I picked was a simple yellow dress with spaghetti straps a slight petticoat and a bodice embellished with beads.
To give the dress something extra I made a petticoat out of tissue paper  to fill the dress out.

The tissue paper petticoat was made of some of the colours from the pom poms mixed with white and then taped together and hung up inside the dress.

 
With the dress just pulled completely over the petticoat  it weighted it down and crushed it slightly so I decided that  pinning part of the dress up would stop the petticoat being crushed and would add movement to the dress.
 
This is a photograph of how I started to hold the dress up with fishing wire.
I also added a blue scarf as a belt and tied as a bow in the back  to make the petticoat stand out more.






So here it is my spring themed window bright and breezy let me no what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment