Saturday 4 May 2013

Spring window Idea.

After my first window had been on display for three weeks it was already time to start planning the next window display for Hepwright's. Even though it was still snowing and firmly still in the winter season. Planning a window that was spring themed was still the idea I wanted to follow, this was because i felt everyone needs something to brighten up there day and remind them that  spring is coming.
I began to look at window displays that have been created around the spring theme as inspiration, here are some of the displays that i found worked well and why.




The idea of using flowers really stood out to me as a spring themed window idea. After taking these idea's to Hepwright's  to ask Catherine her ideas we both decided that flowers would be a great idea to base the spring window on.

Real flowers would cause a massive problem because the would have to be changed every few days as there would be no way to keep them fresh. This made me look at different artificial flowers and if they would be more practical to use.

Artificial come in a large range of sizes and different types of flowers so in theory they would be perfect to use for a window display. The more I looked into artificial flowers the more that i decided against using them this was because  the smaller flowers that look more realistic  wouldn't have the impact I wanted for the window in contrast the flowers that were big enough to have an impact looked to fake. If the flowers were going to look fake I felt it would be better to make really fake flowers that didn't necessarily look like  flowers but gave the impression of them.

I decided my next step will be to look at different peoples ideas of more abstract flowers on tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment